To support for walking, you need a good pair of shoes for walking. The right choice of pair of walking shoes support you so much in preventing injuries, improving your performance and comfort for thousand miles.
Generally, walking shoes get efficient shock absorption under the balls of the feet and in the heels. Besides these basic functions, seek for a pair of walking shoes that meets your requirements in terms of types of foot injuries, speed, mileage and tread.
A fine pair of shoes for walking usually cost from $50 to $100. The price of the shoes depends on the brand, functionality and style.
Find the best walking shoe which matches type of foot
Getting to know the type of your foot and a little understanding of shoe could help you to decide what the best walking shoe for yourself is. You ought to try on every shoe for comfort and fit before buying.
- Pronators must find a shoe with motion control ability. They should also seek an advice, right shoe, which supports the inside of your foot and prevents overusing of the edge of the foot as well. Pronators must also find a reinforced heel buffer for stability and control. Stability of straps and sturdy uppers can also help preclude inward roller.
- Supinators should be looking for a shoe with greater stability whose insole, midsole and outer sole are designed for shock absorption. Prefer to by shoes which have reinforced materials around the ankles and sturdy heel for maximum heel and ankle support. Additional padding under the ball of the food could help to increase comfort.
- Those who have neutral feet are able to wear any kind of shoe and be assured of comfort and good support, but you will find that the shoes with a curved shape are the best fit. Even when you have neutral and have no wound problems, it is not commended to skimp on the walking shoes with basic features.
Bearing in mind kilometers, speed, and the rolling surface
Hikers who averaged more than 30 miles per week and / or walking speed must be looking for high performance hiking boots. Most major brands of hiking shoes its high performance. These brands include Nike, Reebok, Saucony, New Balance, Asics and Adidas.
What to look for in a high performance walking shoe:
- Many additional features, specialized to improve the shock, absorption, cushioning and stability, such as stability straps, reinforced heel buffers, and high-tech in sole and midsole materials
- The soles with some support of the arch of the foot.
- Damping which is elastic and firm, but not as undulating as the gelatin.
- Additional padding, especially under the ball of the foot and in the heel.
- The flexibility that corresponds to the natural curvature of the foot.
- D-system which allows the lacing ring variable patterns, so that the eyes are located at different distances from the lacing centre of the walking shoe.
When you do more walking on the rocky, slope, trails or uneven ground, a walking shoe or a boot is a must for moving and for foot protection. The best walking shoes should have been added heel and ankle pads and sturdy soles.